Saturday, May 14, 2011

Each day we are born in a new avatar

Each day has something new to offer.The choice is yours-to take it up as a challenge , or as a burden, or to accept it as a gift.Gifts however are occasional,rare instances which are a result of great toil and perseverance.
It was the last day of our research exam.The paper was easy and there was an aura of gaiety even in the examination hall..last day..last question..almost done..the paper was too easy..how lucky!just then in walked a professor.he came up to me and said-"you must be present in the campus tomorrow..we have a board of studies meeting and you may be asked to give a presentation" Words stabbed deep and hard.For a few minutes I could not get back to the answer that I was writing.Why am I being singled out!anyway,i managed to pull through the rest of the answer and without checking for errors and correction handed over my paper to the invigilator and darted out of the room.Breathless,sans excitement of having completed all the papers,i walked into the room of the Research Coordinator."well,you are expected to be ready with a presentation as you have not yet presented your revised research proposal".""But Sir!I was sent as a National Resource Person to train the teachers in J&K and it WAS a part of my research work AND i was on duty leave AND..""The BOS will see you tomorrow!"(BOS=Board of Studies)All my plans of celebrating my freedom were diluted and the heat of the day evaporated all the water from the oasis in the desert!I spent the entire day glued to my laptop,my eyes tingling with fatigue and letters seemed to dance before my eyes.Tick- tock- tick- tock..1.30 AM.. and my presentation was ready.After a few hours I was back in the department-my folders in my arms waiting for my name to be called."Please Come In!"For a moment time seemed to stand still.Then a cool zephyr in the scorching heat of May whispered in my ears.."Now's the time,baby!show your mettle"With a toss of my head i threw away all traces of hesitation and walked in confidently.The sound of my friends Best-Of-Luck was like melody to the ears.A room of 60..antiques..precious..invaluable jewels in the field of Education..waited for me to begin.I know not how time danced away..a sufi derwesh in a white robe,going round and round in a trance..
"Hey!Congrats!"my peers congratulated me and i basked in the warmth of their wishes.My efforts had paid off.And finally,i was free..out of the labyrinth that had engulfed me.I could read the books i had bought and which lay unread on the shelf,bake chocolate cakes for my family and go on a  shopping spree with my sister.
The ringtone sounded familiar.It was my phone .."Can you come over for a training session?"

Me..my laptop..my papers
As of now this is the status of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundscapes

Soundscapes A vast desert Ripples in sand Grains in crevices of my palm A red roof Against a Monochrome sky Co...