Friday, May 20, 2011

You Promised


And be these juggling friends no more believ'd,
That palter with us in a double sense;
That keep the word of promise to our ear
And break it to our hope.
~William Shakespeare

A poem ..by me

You promised

You promised to pick a reflected beam
Of moonlight from the dark waters
To weave in my hair

You promised to get me kohl from the night skies
To make my eyes more enigmatic

The sunshine smiles mysteriously
The night sky drapes the world in black
The breeze moans as it rustles up
 Memories that lie buried under autumn leaves


When i reach out to put a speck
Of my kohl on your radiant forehead
a handful of mist is all i have


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundscapes

Soundscapes A vast desert Ripples in sand Grains in crevices of my palm A red roof Against a Monochrome sky Co...