Thursday, January 5, 2012

Moonphali mein daana nahin


MOONGPHALI MEIN DANA NAHIN!
Cocooned  in the cosy hollow
Wrapped in a soft veil of peach
I wait to rise, stretch and yawn
Expand my being
Explore my softness
Gently and gradually turning crisp with  changing times
And then...
I feel myself being lifted
My life nestled in the hollow of thy hands
I’m swept off my feet
I feel a sense of elation as I feel the roller coaster
Taking me up to zenith and then nadir
The clang of a metal
Is  like the chime of bells
Announcing a new phase of my life
I gasp for breadth
Enjoying the waves of the moment
I feel the warmth of embers gently enveloping my soul.
The shifting sands of time
Burying me in their depths
And ever so consistently
My softness is replaced by a hardened maturity
How strange are the ways of life!
I yearned for that womb that held me
When life was raw
Those days were over...
The veil was cracked
And so was the wall that held me captive
and then...
I saw my world crumbling before my eyes veil ripped off
I was  tossed in the air.
I yelled
I shrieked
And I heard ever so clearly
Before i was crunched between canines
Dus rupaye ki sau gram............................................Ghazal..10 pm..5.1.12

(written in jest as i pop in one dana of moongphali after the other thinking what a piece of work it is!you can never have enough of it and when the weather is as foggy and cold as it is today there’s nothing that can beat the taste of freshly roasted groundnuts..with chutney or namak)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundscapes

Soundscapes A vast desert Ripples in sand Grains in crevices of my palm A red roof Against a Monochrome sky Co...