Sunday, January 15, 2012

Between the coffee mug and my lips


Between my coffee mug and my lips
Are thoughts meandering with the fumes
Forming swirling patterns in the air
Pregnant with unanswered questions
Why
Why is time still when life seems to rush away
Like sea gulls over the frozen lake
In search of a whiff of life!
Between my coffee mug and my lips
Is life in flashes
Photographic memories of days bygone
When the trees were orange in the orange sunset
And set the gulmohar on flames
The avenue lined with them on either side
We played hide and seek
I hid and you could never find me
Even after counting till 100
Between my coffee mug and my lips
Are ambiguous visions of March
When spring kisses the flowers in your garden
I smile
And the coffee is no longer salty............9:30pm..ghazal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundscapes

Soundscapes A vast desert Ripples in sand Grains in crevices of my palm A red roof Against a Monochrome sky Co...