Saturday, April 21, 2012

For You Amma!with all my love..


Untitled
(for you..Saba Shamim Hanfi..my  Amma!)

Would you have liked a jugnu if it had no fire in its belly?

A tulip reverently holding
Light in its hands,
folded in a silent prayer
throwing it away like the ash of a deceased in the vast thirsty sea?
the flame of the forest
burning out in fumes
not red but cold and blue ?
the camomile in a dusky maidens hair
white on the periphery
gradually turning warm
exuding the fragrance alien to the senses?
A laburnum without the sunshine
Smeared on each petal..


Would you?

Of all these flowers of the sun
The laburnum stands out for me
For when I look at it
reaching out to my balcony
It’s her I see in the flowers
The pods hang down
Pregnant with life
About to burst into dazzling light...

She left last night
To a distant land
For a while
Just for a while
For she will come back to me
With more sunshine in her hands
To bless me with the light
To see the world better...

the laburnum stands tall
devoid of foliage
waiting for her return
the pods hold back the passion
with bated breath
whispering her name
saba
saba
saba..

...(how i miss her!i hope time flies and she is back with the bursting foliage on the laburnum overlooking my balcony!)...12.00noon..22.4.12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundscapes

Soundscapes A vast desert Ripples in sand Grains in crevices of my palm A red roof Against a Monochrome sky Co...